Bring Your Web and Mobile App to life with Avatars from THE #1 3D SOCIAL NETWORK
Sept 23-Oct 16
October 22, 2015
Hack With Me will empower small teams of developers, artists, and designers to create avatar-based, interactive web and mobile apps in Unity.
New APIs, Along with Unity, are generating enormous potential for the future of social connection. These powerful media platforms enable users to have more expressive communication and develop more meaningful relationships online.
We believe the 3D avatar will become the ultimate vehicle for human connection and self expression in the global virtual community that go beyond only 2D text, images, and videos.
We challenge these teams to create and showcase cutting edge games and virtual experiences that redefine the power of social connectivity.
- Individuals and teams of individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry
- Companies with 50 or less employees are eligible for cash prizes
- Large Organizations with more than 50 employees (eligible for Large Organization Recognition Award only – not cash prizes)
- Submitters who are employed by Unity, IMVU, or Devpost are not eligible for prizes.
- Organizations involved with the design, production, paid promotion, execution, or distribution of the Hackathon (“Promotion Entities”) AND employees, representatives and agents of such organizations, and all members of their immediate family or household are not eligible.
- The Hackathon IS NOT open to individuals who are residents of, or Organizations or Large Organizations domiciled in, a country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize in the Hackathon (including, but not limited to, Brazil, Quebec, Italy, and Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control)
- Register for the Hack With Me Hackathon here on Devpost
- Users must develp on Unity
- Use the IMVU API @ developer.imvu.com
- Create a Game, Web or Mobile App experience
- Submit your finalized app by the project page
- Create a 3min YouTube presentation
How to enter
After registering here at hackwme.devpost.com, visit developer.imvu.com
download the IMVU API for Unity
Make an incredible 3D, Social App or experience
Vice President, Supply-Side-Platform, Supersonic
Principal Program Manager, Microsoft
Developer Evangelist, Amazon
Amy Jo Kim
Creative Director, Shufflebrain
Unity Asset Store Co-Founder
Founder, Pacific Data Images
Use of Avatar
Is the user's avatar integral to the experience? Is the value of the avatar reinforced by this app? Why does the avatar make the app unique? How will seeing user's (or friend's) avatar in game increase enjoyment?
Will users be able to connect with other users using this app? Is this something fun to do with friends? If the app is single-player then will users tell their friends about it? Is there a benefit to the user sharing or inviting friends?
Creativity and Originality
How unique is the app? Is it an original idea or similar to others? Did your jaw drop?
Is the App final and ready to publish? How much more work is required before it's ready to publish? Were there bugs or other obvious problems during the presentation?
Performant? Simple? Intuitive? Beautiful? Funny? Appealing? Sticky? All in all, is it easy to use?
Does this show off the capabilities of the platform? What is the “wow” factor of the app? Were you surprised they would attempt something so ambitious?
Is it fun? What is the “wow” factor of the app?